Thursday, June 23, 2005

ALI Menus Proposal

I should be doing alot of things, prepare Curriculum vitaes and thing like that for next year, but or the moment being I can't think of anything else than Plasma. I'm really enthousiastic about it.

I though alot about task menu organisation, and I think we could organize three main menus :

[b]File[/b]

-create
--[list of filetypes the user can create]

-print
--[list of recent printable documents] (rencent texts, spreadsheets, pdfs and pictures)
--Select a file to open (opens a Print dialog box, which only displays texts, spreadsheets, pdfs and pictures)

-open
--[list of recent documents]
--Select a file to open (opens a Open dialog box)

-send
--[list of recent documents]
--Select a file to send (opens a Send dialog box)

-delete
--Select a file to delete (opens a Delete dialog box)

-filetypes associations (opens the filetype association configuration dialog)


[b]Communication[/b]

-Browse the web
--Open Browser (if only one is installed) / [list of browser apps] (if more than one is installed)
--Web Search (opens a browser window on you default online search engine page)
---[list of browser apps] (if more than one is installed)
--[list of bookmarks sorted by categories] (selecting one opens a browser window on the selected bookmark page)
--Manage bookmarks (opens keditbookmarks)

-Contacts
--[list of contacts sorted by categories]
---possible actions with selected contact
---edit contact informations
--open adress book

-Chat
--[list of chat apps] (if more than one is installed)

-Open mail client
--[list of mail apps] (if more than one is installed)


[b]Multimedia[/b]

-Music
--Open Player (if only one is installed) / [list of music player apps] (if more than one is installed)
--Create playlist

-Sound
--Configure
--Add sound control applet to the systray

-Video
--Watch (opens a Open dialog box) (filters movie files)
--Watch DVD (appears only if a movie DVD is inserted)

-Picture
--View
--Organize
--Import (appears only if a camera is connected)

-Devices
--See content of a device
---[list of connected devices] (cliking on one of the entries opens a browser)
--Burn
---Image file (opens a Burn dialog box)
--CD
---See content (opens a browser) (appears only if a CD is inserted)
---Erase (opens a confirmation box) (appears only if the CD is rewritable)
--DVD
---Watch (appears only if a movie DVD is inserted)
---See content (opens a browser) (appears only if a DVD (movie or data) is inserted)
---Erase (opens a confirmation box) (appears only if the DVD is rewritable)
--Floppy
---See content (opens a browser) (appears only if a Floppy is inserted)
---Format (opens a confirmation box) (appears only if a non protected Floppy is inserted)

-Games
--One player
---[list of games sorted by categories]
--Local multiplayer
---[list of games sorted by categories]
--Networkplay
---[list of games sorted by categories]

-Edutainment
--[list of Apps sorted by categories]

The dialog boxes I mentioned are not the ones you now from KDE3.4 and need mockups, which I'll do as soon as possible.

Now the problem is : How to put Configuration and Programmation tasks ?
I'm wondering if there could be an arrow at the side of the menus applet wich would make it expand and reveal less often used menus.

10 Comments:

Blogger Computer Blog Stuff007 said...

Your blog’s given me some insightful knowledge about blogs. I put together a little site that you might have the time to look at. It pinpoints subjects from Toshiba Toughbook to many more notebook computer topics.

01:05  
Blogger Phentermine said...

Your blog is thorough If you have a weight issue, I'm sure you'd be interested in weight loss purchasing weight loss

01:05  
Blogger unixlinux said...

Nice KDE rlated blog. Visit my header kde blog.

15:21  
Blogger 性爱 said...

I am totally nude come see me. Take a bit for all pics and movies to load.

Why do I do this I like to make men blow their jiz in their pants.

Visit me.裸体

08:59  
Blogger Gordon said...

hello, your blog is interesting to read. I have a website about burn dvd. It recommend some powerful burn dvd software for copy movie. So make sure you visit.

05:09  
Blogger Rebek said...

I dig your blog. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of research in the area of best buy computer notebook and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on best buy computer notebook. Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit your blog again!! I mean I know I will stop by again.
I also sent it off to a good friend of mine.

p.s added you to my favorites take a moment to stop by best buy computer notebook for I update it frequently

03:25  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks for publishing your blog.

Great Blog and I found it really useful.

I have lots of information on Buying Computer

at :Buying Computer

If you want to find out more about, Buying Computer
then please check it out.

21:47  
Blogger vito said...

Hello everything, good topic here. My name is vito and i has found a good German site desktopcomputer, with always newest computer hardware, multimedia and accessories, for you.
They accept paypal and dispatch world-wide.

greatings vito

12:16  
Blogger Paul Adams said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a Buy DVD Movies site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

02:21  
Blogger Earn A LifeTime of Income From Anywhere! said...

Hi. Thanks for the insights. Visit us at Computer Tips

02:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home